We welcome groups of up to 60 people for a unique and memorable visit to Pendon Museum in the Oxfordshire countryside.
Our world-renowned miniature landscapes and model railways capture life as it was in rural England in the 1920s-30s.
Visiting groups will enjoy an engaging private tour of these remarkable model landscapes led by one or more of our expert guides, when the museum is closed to the public. You will also have access to the museum shop and café.
Please drop us a line at email@example.com to discuss your plans for a visit. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Group visits can be arranged on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, except when the museum is open to the public (you can check our calendar here)
- Tours usually last about two hours and usually take place between 10am and 8pm.
- We can accommodate up to 60 visitors in a group.
- Your group will have exclusive access to the museum galleries and facilities when the museum is closed to the public.
- Books and souvenirs can be purchased from the Museum shop.
- Hot and cold drinks, confectionery and biscuits are available from the museum café. Should you wish to have a meal, there are some good options in the village (Long Wittenham).
- The Museum is at the west end of the High Street in Long Wittenham. It is well signed from all directions with brown signs. Coaches or minibuses seating more than 10 (including the driver) need special authority to use the road leading to the Museum. You will need to provide details of the owner and the seating capacity when the booking is confirmed so that a permit can be issued. The driver must carry this permit for the visit.
- If the group includes people with special accessibility needs please read the information here.
- See our FAQs page for more visitor information.
The minimum charge for a group visit is £150, which covers up to 25 people. For a group of more than 25, there is an additional charge of £5 per additional person.
How to Book
When you are ready to arrange a visit please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with at least one provisional date and time. Please be aware that we require at least six weeks' notice to plan a group visit.
We will then confirm if your preferred date and time is available, provide a booking form and request a deposit of £150. Any additional fees due (for a group of more than 25) will be paid at the time of admission.
Your booking is confirmed once we have received a booking form and deposit and acknowledged receipt of these.
Please note that if you need to cancel, we can refund the deposit in full if cancellation is received in writing at least 4 weeks before the date of the event.