Over the past few years Pendon has built a well-established programme of adult modelling workshops. The workshops offer modellers opportunities to learn from and be inspired by carefully selected tutors who are leaders in their individual fields. Workshop groups are small and advice and coaching is personalised. You can view the 2020 Workshop Programme here.
We need to recruit and develop a Manager to lead the planning, development and delivery of these workshops. We intend to recruit someone who can work with the existing team over 2020 with the aim of assuming full responsibility for 2021 onwards.
The role includes the following elements:
- identifying new topics to be covered and improvements we can make to ongoing workshops
- making arrangements with workshop tutors (who are mainly but not exclusively Pendon volunteers), including workshop dates
- developing promotional materials for the workshop programme, and in particular for the Pendon website, Facebook, Eventbrite and in the museum
- liasing with tutors and participants prior to events including briefing participants on what to expect and on what they are required to provide
- helping tutors with set up 'on the day' and hosting both the tutor and the participants
- ensuring that lunch and other refreshments are provided
- managing the agreed workshop budget.
In addition the manager will be expected to participate in relevant museum-management activities. He or she may also decide to recruit a small team of helpers to undertake some of the tasks outline above. Currently workshops run on approximately 15 weekends during the year.
This role is quite demanding in weekend time. It is one that is likely to be of interest to someone with an interest in modelling (not necessarily railway modelling) and living within about 45 minutes journey time of Pendon. There will be times when the manager is the sole representative of Pendon on the museum site and is hosting the group. We will be looking for a candidate able to do this with confidence and who is of proven trustworthiness.
We are aware that the details of the role may need to be adjusted to suit personal circumstances and we are very open to this.
In the first instance, please email email@example.com. Mick will set up either a phone call or informal meeting to explain the role further and to explore your interest and suitability.
We look forward to hearing from you.