This year marks the fortieth anniversary of the commencement of Stephen Williams’s celebrated project to create a museum-standard model of the former GWR terminus at Faringdon in Oxfordshire. To mark the anniversary, Pendon Museum has arranged for a special presentation of the layout during the Museum’s normal public openings on the weekend of May 30 and 31st, 2020.
The presentation of the layout provides visitors with a number of unique opportunities:
- unrestricted access to both the normal viewing side and the operating side of the model, to view and photograph the layout from positions not normally available to the public
- an option to take posed photographs or film sequences of the layout on request
- the opportunity to operate the layout (under supervision)
- an invitation to P4 modellers to operate and/or photograph their own models on the layout
- discuss with Stephen the many different modelling techniques that were used in creating the layout and to see, at first hand, how this award-winning model was made.
The photograph is courtesy of Andy York and British Railway Modelling.